For information on Novel Coronavirus, please visit: https://health.ny.gov/diseases/communicable/coronavirus/.
The federal Presidential Primary was postponed and rescheduled to be held on:
June 23, 2020 (See EO 202.12 below).
Executive Orders 202.12 and 202.13
Executive Orders 202.12 and 202.13 have modified the Election Law by:
- Postponing and rescheduling the federal Presidential Primary from April 28, 2020 to June 23, 2020;
- Postponing and rescheduling the special elections in the 27th CD, 50th SD, 12th AD, 31st AD and 136th AD from April 28,2020 to June 23, 2020; and
- Beginning March 31, 2020, postponing the circulation and filing of all independent nominating petitions;
- modifying the annual mail check requirements.
The link for the Executive 202.12 is: https://www.governor.ny.gov/news/no-20212-continuing-temporary-suspension-and-modification-laws-relating-disaster-emergency
The link for the Executive 202.13 is: https://www.governor.ny.gov/news/no-20213-continuing-temporary-suspension-and-modification-laws-relating-disaster-emergency
Attention Petition Filers:
DEADLINE TO FILE ELECTION LAW § 16-102 COURT CHALLENGES TO PETITIONS FOR JUNE PRIMARY IS APRIL 3, 2020.
It is our opinion that the deadline to file and serve an Election Law proceeding in Supreme Court related to the June 23, 2020 Primary (Election Law § 16-102) is April 3, 2020 ( 99.2KB).
Chapter 24 of the Laws of 2020
Chapter 24 of the laws of 2020, signed on March 18, 2020, set the dates for filing designating petitions to be from March 17, 2020 through March 20, 2020.
Executive Order 202.2
Executive Order 202.2 has modified the Election Law by:
- Setting the last day to collect a signature for a designating petition to be 5 pm on March 17, 2020;
- Reduced the signature requirement to be 1.5% of the active enrolled voters of the political party in the political unit or 30% of set State signature thresholds;
- Reduced signature requirements for party position, as noted above; and
- Postponed March village elections statewide.
The link for the new 2020 political calendar reflecting changes: https://www.elections.ny.gov/NYSBOE/law/2020PoliticalCalendar_Rev0319.pdf ( 239KB)
The link for the Executive order is: https://www.governor.ny.gov/news/no-2022-continuing-temporary-suspension-and-modification-laws-relating-disaster-emergency
Please continue to check this website for updates.
CHANGED BY EXECUTIVE ORDER 202.12 - June 23, 2020 – Presidential Primary and special elections in the 27th CD, 50th SD, 12th AD, 31st AD and the 136th AD.
The Early Voting period for the Presidential Primary and these special elections will be June 13, 2020 – June 21, 2020.
June 23, 2020 – State and Federal Primary Elections.
The Early Voting period for State and Federal June 23rd Primary will be June 13, 2020 – June 21, 2020.
November 3, 2020 – General Election day.
The Early Voting period for the November General Election will be October 24, 2020- November 1, 2020.
Proposed Regulation For Comment:
Comments can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Calendar of Events
|Commissioners Meeting||State Board Offices
40 North Pearl Street
Albany NY 12207
Minutes and Archived Webcasts
NYS Board of Elections Use of Force Policy
- Filings Received for the June 23, 2020 Primary Election ( 3.12MB)
- Acceptance – Authorization Report for the June 23, 2020 Primary Election ( 213KB)
- Objection Report for the June 23, 2020 Primary Election ( 195KB)
- Declination - Substition Report for the June 23, 2020 Primary Election ( 19.1KB)
- 2020 Political Calendar ( 238KB)
- Executive Order 202.2
- Filings Received for the April 28, 2020 Presidential Primary Election ( 228KB)
- Filings Received for the April 28, 2020 Special Election ( 76.1KB)
- June 23, 2020 Special Election Political Calendar ( 162KB)
- 2020 Presidential Primary Calendar ( 166KB)
- Running for Office ( 323KB)
- 2020 Presidential Primary Ballot Access Summary Memo ( 313KB)
- Time Off To Vote ( 94.8KB)
- Time Off To Vote FAQs ( 143KB)
Campaign Finance News
- 2020 Campaign Finance Filing Calendar () 141KB)
- Statement of Identity Form for LLCs/PLLCs( 162KB)
- Notice to Filers Regarding Loans Prohibited By New Law ( 124KB)
- 2019 Contribution Limits ( 510KB)
- Campaign Finance Handbook ( 2.79MB)
- Notice to Filers Regarding Limited Liability Company Contributions ( 129KB)
- Guidance for Limited Liability Companies and Recipients of Their Contributions Effective 1/31/2019 ( 406KB)
- Campaign Finance Compliance Webinar ( 3KB)
- Winding Down The Campaign ( 397KB)
- Independent Expenditure Committee Campaign Finance Registration Form ( 249KB)
- Political Action Committee (PAC) Campaign Finance Registration Form ( 90.9KB)
- Campaign Materials