Laws, Rules and Opinions
- 2016 New York State Election Law and Rules ( 1.48MB) | HTML version
Note: Due to copyright issues, the index may not be downloaded for commercial re-use.
- Formal Opinions of the State Board of Elections (11/20/2015) ( 1.75MB)
- Advisory Opinions of the State Board of Elections (PDF) ( 115KB)
(This class of opinion applies only to the interpretation of Election Law section 14-130 which prohibits the personal use of campaign funds if it is unrelated to the campaign for or the holding of public office.)
- NYS Constitution
(Obtained from the NYS Department of State website.)
Rules and Regulations
- View the State Board of Elections′ regulations on the unofficial online version of the New York Codes, Rules and Regulations (NYCRR)
- To ensure that you are viewing the most current regulations, check the weekly New York State Register for recent rule adoptions that have not yet been published in the unofficial online NYCRR.