The NYS Board of Elections website includes several features designed to improve accessibility for users with disabilities. Some of these features include:
- An 'alt tag' for Images on the site, which aid users who listen to the content of the site by using a screen reader, rather than reading the site.
- A 'skip to main content' link provides users using assistive technologies with a method for bypassing repetitive navigation links to content and going directly to the main content each time a page is accessed.
- Closed caption transcripts are provided for Commissioner's Meeting Webcasts.
External Links ()
We provide links to external web sites for your convenience. Most of these links will be followed by an icon () to indicate that the link goes to another web site.
Sometimes external pages we link to are moved or removed creating a broken link. If you think you have come across a broken link on our Web site please notify our Public Information Officer.
Example document icon: ( 117KB)
If a document is available in a format other than HTML, there will usually be an icon after the link to indicate the format as well as the file size. The following are examples of document icons you might see:
- indicates an Adobe PDF file.
- indicates a Mircosoft Word Document.
- indicates a Microsoft Excel Spreadsheet.
- indicates a Text Document or a Rich Text File.
- indicates a Windows Media Video.
If you require a document in a different file format than we currently provide, you can request it from us and we will try to accomodate you.
Documents on this website with an Adobe PDF file icon after the name are in Adobe Portable Document Format. These documents require Adobe Acrobat Reader to view. Visit the Adobe Website to download a free version of Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Users can get information regarding the accessibility of Adobe Portable Document Format (PDF) files from the Access Adobe website .
To request a print copy of an adobe acrobat document, please call the Public Information office at 518-474-1953.
If you have any questions or concerns about the accessibility of any part of this Web site please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Main Phone Number
- (518) 474-6220
- TDD/TTY Call the New York State Relay 711
See the Contact Page for a full listing of Agency Phone Numbers.