File Disclosure Reports
Itemized Reports (Filer ID# and PIN required)
Electronic Filing Software and User Guide
Java Browser Plugin Vulnerabilities:
As you may have read, vulnerabilities in the Java Web Browser Plugin have been found to affect recent versions of Java, including Java 6 and 7. The electronic filing system (EFS) does not use the browser plugin and is not affected by this problem. Users who are concerned about the Java Browser Plugin should know that it is possible to disable it.
The latest version of Java, version 7.10, makes disabling the browser plugin much easier than previous versions:
JAVA 6 or higher is needed for installation.
- Windows Users
- Save EFS_setup.exe (4,727KB) to your desktop.
- Double click the EFS_setup.exe to start the install.
- Click Create a Desktop icon and click next to continue the install.
- Double click on the Electronic Filing System (EFS) icon to start using the EFS Software.
- MAC Users
- Save EFSDesktopSoftwareForMac.zip (5,061KB) file to your desktop.
- Double click the EFSDesktopSoftwareForMac.zip file to Open.
- Click and drag EFSDesktopSoftware icon to the desktop.
- Double click on the EFSDesktopSoftware icon to start using the EFS Software.
- Electronic Filing System 5.1 Software User Guide ( 892KB) - 23-page version with screen shots
- Electronic Filing Software 5.1 Quick Reference Guide ( 578KB) - 7-page version
- Electronic Filing Software 5.1 Frequently Asked Questions ( 381KB)
- Electronic Filing Software 5.1 Brochure ( 477KB)
- Electronic Filing Software Reference Guide ( 562KB) - 10-page version
- Electronic Filing Software User Guide ( 2,705KB) - 39-page version with screen shots
Note: Filings are accepted via e-mail attachment(firstname.lastname@example.org) or on diskette, CD or DVD mailed to the NYS Board of Elections Campaign Finance Unit at 40 North Pearl Street, Suite 5, Albany, NY 12207-2729.
Non-Itemized Reports (Filer ID# and PIN required)
Note: Click on the name of the Statement/Report that you would like to file and read the description of each to be sure that you are making the correct filing and that you meet the requirements to make that type of filing. While Non-Itemized Reports can be filed via NYSBOE's website, the EFS software cannot be used to file Non-Itemized Reports, as it does not offer that option.
In order to qualify to file an In-Lieu-Of Statement, you must be a candidate and/or an authorized committee solely supporting one candidate or a committee involved solely in promoting the success or defeat of a ballot proposal, and at the close of the applicable reporting period, neither the total receipts nor the total expenditures of the campaign have exceeded $1,000. If you have previously filed an In-Lieu-Of Statement and find that you now exceed this $1,000 threshold, you must file an itemized report covering all transactions since the beginning of the campaign. Once an itemized report is required, you may not file an In-Lieu-Of Statement for any future reporting period.
In order to qualify to file a No-Activity Report, there cannot have been any activity (i.e., receipts and/or expenditures, such as interest, dividends and bank charges) during the reporting period and, therefore, there are no transactions to report.
Notifications (Filer ID# and PIN required)
Note: Click on the name of the Notification that you would like to file and read the description of each to be sure that you are making the correct filing and that you meet the requirements to make that type of filing. While Notifications can be filed via NYSBOE's website, the EFS software cannot be used to file Notifications, as it does not offer that option.
A 24 Hour Notice is required for any contribution or loan received which exceeds $1,000 whose transaction date falls between the cut off date of the 11 Day Pre Election Report and the date of the Election. NOTE: This requirement applies to all Primary, General and Special Elections. You still must include these transactions on the post election filing.
The New York State Board of Elections assumes that all active filers are supporting candidates for election. Therefore, NYSBOE expects to receive election reports from them for the Primary and/or General Election unless otherwise notified through receipt of a Notice of Non-Participation in Election(s). In order to qualify to file a Notice of Non-Participation in Election(s) for the Primary and/or General Election, a filer cannot support, in any way, any candidate or political committee which is a participant in the particular election(s) in which the filer seeks to qualify. A Notice of Non-Participation in Election(s) may NOT be filed for Periodic Reports.
Online filing of Itemized Reports or any statements/reports/notifications other than those listed above is not available at this time.